Bombardier is delivering an effective public transportation solution for Queensland residents with its New Generation Rollingstock project (NGR). 75 new, high performance electrical multiple unit (EMU) trains will operate across the entire South East Queensland rail network, which covers more than 800 km. All commuters will experience increased availability, capacity, comfort and safety including enhanced security, WIFI, air conditioning and accessible toilet facilities.
- Total Fleet Size ordered: 450 carriages
- Bombardier’s scope includes fleet design, manufacture and maintenance of the New Generation Rollingstock (NGR) for Queensland
- Queensland Government's single largest rail investment
- 75 x 6 carriage electrical New Generation Rollingstock
- Ipswich based maintenance facility in Wulkuraka to service the vehicles for 30+ year
- Proven technologies such as BOMBARDIER FLEXX bogies and the BOMBARDIER MITRAC propulsion system come standard with the new electrical multiple units
Go to Australia Website