Bombardier Aerospace announced today that an existing customer, which has requested to remain unidentified at this time, has placed a firm order for an additional three CS300 aircraft.
Based on the list price of the aircraft, the firm order for the three CS300 aircraft is valued at approximately $228 million US.
“With its outstanding attributes – including reduced noise and emissions – the CSeries aircraft provides immense opportunities for established, as well as new airlines, to grow and develop new markets. We are therefore thrilled that one of our existing customers is confidently ordering more aircraft and has pushed our firm-order tally beyond the 200th order milestone,” said Mike Arcamone, President, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft.
“The CSeries program is quickly generating increased interest from existing and prospective customers as the flight test program has ramped up with the first two flight test vehicles, FTV1 and FTV2 well into their flight and ground tests. Additionally, in early February, FTV3 was handed over from our production team to the flight test team and we anticipate it will start flying soon,” added Mr. Arcamome. “As of today, we have more than 10 aircraft in various stages of testing and production, and together with the key components being manufactured at our partner sites for aircraft that follow, the CSeries aircraft program is progressing steadily.”
Designed for the growing 100- to 149-seat market, the 100 per cent new CSeries aircraft family combines advanced materials, leading-edge technology and proven methods to meet commercial airline requirements. Powered by Pratt & Whitney PurePower PW1500G engines, the CSeries aircraft family will offer a 15* per cent cash operating cost advantage and a 20* per cent fuel burn advantage. With the extra capacity seating option, the CS300 aircraft’s productivity further improves, offering airlines an average of four* per cent additional cash operating cost advantage per seat. The CSeries aircraft’s clean-sheet design is ensuring that the aircraft will achieve greatly reduced noise and emissions, as well as superior operational flexibility, exceptional airfield performance and a range of 2,950 NM (5,463 km)*. The CSeries aircraft will be up to 12,000 lbs. (5,443 kg)* lighter than other aircraft in the same seat category and will provide passengers with a best-in-class, widebody cabin environment in a single-aisle aircraft.
Including the order announced today, Bombardier has booked orders and commitments for 445 CSeries aircraft, which include firm orders for 201 CSeries airliners. Some 17 customers and lessees have joined the CSeries aircraft program.
Bombardier is the world’s only manufacturer of both planes and trains. Looking far ahead while delivering today, Bombardier is evolving mobility worldwide by answering the call for more efficient, sustainable and enjoyable transportation everywhere. Our vehicles, services and, most of all, our employees are what make us a global leader in transportation.
Bombardier is headquartered in Montréal, Canada. Our shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD) and we are listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America Indexes. In the fiscal year ended December 31, 2012, we posted revenues of $16.8 billion. News and information are available at bombardier.com or follow us on Twitter @Bombardier.
Notes to Editors
- Images of CS300 aircraft are posted with this release in the press releases section at www.bombardier.com. Additional images and videos of CSeries aircraft are available in the CSeries Hub at www.cseries.com. B-roll is available at bcamediafootage.com.
- Please visit Bombardier’s Web site dedicated to its upcoming events at the international Singapore Airshow: airshows.bombardier.com.
- Follow @Bombardier_Aero on Twitter to receive the latest news and updates from Bombardier Aerospace.
- To receive our press releases, please visit the RSS Feed section.
* The CSeries aircraft are in the development phase. All data and specifications are estimates, subject to changes in family strategy, branding, capacity and performance during the development, manufacture and certification process. All performance references have been estimated based on a 500-nm North American operating environment and comparisons are to in-production aircraft.
PurePower ® is a registered trademark of United Technologies Corp. - Pratt & Whitney.
Bombardier, CS300, CSeries and The Evolution of Mobility are trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.
Bombardier Commercial Aircraft