Our Quality Policy establishes a strong foundation for the Bombardier Transportation Strategy and makes quality an important measure of business excellence and of our success.
We consider quality to be an important measure of business excellence and of our success. Quality creates value for our customers, shareholders, suppliers employees and rail passengers.
Our Quality Policy is built around three concrete commitments:
1. To provide innovative, reliable and sustainable products which meet our customer’s expectations
- We stand by our products and services, by being responsive to our customers at all times and offer lifetime support.
- We work according to a streamlined set of business processes and sound principles, and continuously innovate and improve our products and services.
- We do not accept receiving, making or shipping a defect to our external or internal customers.
2.To empower employees to deliver quality
- We strive to create a stimulating workplace, in which all employees understand their individual responsibility to deliver high quality work by preventing waste, simplifying work practices and saving energy.
- We empower our divisional and site leadership teams to take ownership of their own quality performance and to make decisions which meet customer and other stakeholder expectations, whilst also respecting the local communities where we are located.
- We care for our employees and offer a safe working environment.
- We reward performance and initiative and encourage employees to make decisions.
3.To partner with our suppliers and support their development
- We foster transparency when working with our suppliers.
- We support our suppliers’ development and involve them right from the start.
- We are committed to quality and safety by complying with regulatory and industry requirements and by working only with suppliers who also do so.