Labour Practices, Employment Relationships and Human Rights
Our success is underpinned by the integrity, motivation and enthusiasm of our people. As a result, we devote considerable effort to our human resources.
The following key processes define our Human Resources System:
- To identify, qualify, select and hire the best and brightest, and to have the right employees in the right role.
- To integrate and support our employees and to retain them with efficient processes and procedures.
- To provide an optimal performance environment and to ensure that competencies are aligned with our organizational needs, business strategy, culture and core values.
- To transfer, realign, retire or release staff in a manner aligned with our organizational needs, business strategy, culture and core values.
- Human Resources identifies and harmonizes the interaction of these elements with other functions. All of the elements are defined in directives, procedures and instructions documented as part of our overall management framework.
Human Resources also works with Communications and Public Affairs on internal communications programs. The effectiveness of the Human Resources System is monitored through an employee survey conducted every two years in cooperation with Communications and Public Affairs.