The SPACIUM commuter train is a swift, flexible vehicle designed to provide maximum seating capacity, superior passenger comfort, improved access, and an attractive interior design.
The cars feature:
Comfortable, spacious interiors
- Cars are 3.06 m wide, a feat achieved by using 13.24 m short cars. Cars also feature five aligned seats that measure 490 mm at shoulder height, arm-rests, head-rests, and a spacious aisle.
- Based on the train's interior and the number of cars, between 800 and 1,000 passengers can be accommodated, over half of whom are seated.
- Large vestibules, combined with wide doors and gangways, provide excellent access for travellers and improve passenger flow. The train's entrance is positioned to match 920 mm high platforms, with end-cars accessible to wheelchairs from 920 mm high platforms.
Striking interior design
- Panoramic windows and large gangways create a transparent and open atmosphere. Meanwhile, a modernized design offers smooth curves, vivid colours, and LED-based colour-changing lighting.
Flexibility and speed
- SPACIUM can be adapted to meet the length of platforms with seven and eight car versions and features electric dual-voltage propulsion (1.5 kV DC and 25 kV AC). The trains can travel at a speed of 140 kilometres per hour.