Bombardier Transportation, as a member of the Ankara Metro Consortium, delivered a fully automated metro system for Ankara Metro’s M1 line in 1997. Construction was completed on a 48-month schedule and consisted of underground tunnel boring, cut and cover, and elevated guideway sections. The Consortium also arranged for complete financing of the project, including Canadian and UK export credits and a commercial loan from an international bank syndicate.
- 108 automated vehicles operate as 36 three-car trains
- The 14 km line serves 12 stations
- Designed to carry 40,000 passengers per hour per direction during peak hours
- Bombardier designed and supplied the vehicle fleet, automatic train control, communications and maintenance equipment, and provided overall systems engineering, integration, training and system test and commissioning
- Bombardier also provided operations and maintenance advisory services