Bombardier Transportation is delivering its game-changing fully automated INNOVIA Monorail 300 system for the new São Paulo Metro Line 15. Connecting the Vila Prudente and Cidade Tiradentes urbanizations, the new driverless monorail system will provide comfortable mass transit for São Paulo’s citizens.
- The 24 km system will connect 17 stations
- Fifty-four 7-car driverless INNOVIA Monorail 300 trains (378 cars) are equipped with CITYFLO 650 automatic train control technology, which allows for shorter wait-times in stations and higher serve levels
- End-to-end travel time will be reduced from two hours by car to just 50 minutes on the monorail, benefiting up to 500,000 riders daily
- As a turnkey solution, project management, systems integration and engineering, as well as testing and commissioning are included
- Phase 1 opened in August 2014