As a member of the GoldLinQ consortium, Bombardier Transportation delivered a turnkey tram system to Gold Coast in Queensland. The light rail corridor opened in 2014 and now connects Gold Coast University Hospital, Griffin University, Southport, Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach. It will provide transportation for the 2018 Commonwealth Games to be hosted by Gold Coast.
- A fleet of 14 distinctive and modern FLEXITY 2 trams serve 13 stations
- The 100% low-floor, bi-directional vehicles are comprised of seven modules and are equipped with surfboard racks
- The system is designed to carry 75,000 passengers per day
- Bombardier’s scope included the electrical and mechanical equipment, vehicles and services related to the implementation of the system, signalling and control systems, communications systems and electrification
- Bombardier is providing vehicle maintenance for 15 years
Go to Australia Website