Bombardier Transportation, with consortium partner Yapi Merkezi, was responsible for the design, construction and commissioning of the two-line light rail transit system in Eskisehir. Due to the system’s overwhelming success when it opened in 2004, five additional vehicles were ordered to meet the passenger volume. Bombardier arranged for complete project financing, consisting of an export credit from Sweden and credits from Nordic and European investment banks.
- The two-line 15 km tram system connects 26 stations
- The original contract included 18 100% low-floor, uni-directional FLEXITY Outlook vehicles comprised of five modules; the current fleet includes 23 vehicles
- The complete network is designed to carry 120,000 passengers per day at a top speed of 60 km/h in mixed traffic
- Bombardier’s scope included all of the electrical and mechanical equipment, vehicles and services related to the implementation of the system and depot maintenance equipment
- Bombardier provided operations and maintenance support during the first year of revenue service and provided training for operations and maintenance staff