Bombardier Transportation, as a member of the Arrow Light Rail Ltd. Concession Company, was responsible for the design, build, operation and maintenance of the Nottingham Express Transit (NET) Line 1 light rail system that opened in 2004. The system was an instant success, exceeding expectations with higher than predicted ridership (10 million/year) and very high customer satisfaction. NE T Line 1 is considered to be one of the UK’s most innovative Private Finance Initiative (PFI) funded projects.
- The 14 km turnkey tram system connects 23 stations
- Fifteen 100% low-floor, bi-directional vehicles are comprised of five modules
- The vehicles are capable of carrying 193 passengers at speeds reaching 80 km/h
- Bombardier scope included all of the electrical and mechanical equipment, vehicles and services related to the implementation of the system; depot maintenance equipment and the CITYFLO 150 signalling and system control
- Bombardier provided seven years of operations and maintenance services