Europe's Choice for Rail Transportation of Freight and Passengers
With a proven track record for outstanding reliability, the BOMBARDIER TRAXX locomotive family covers all types of railway applications. Our versatile electric locomotives rank as the number one choice of rail operators throughout Europe.
Crossing Borders with Advanced Technology
Ingenious technical solutions and an in-depth understanding of varying customer needs lie at the heart of the TRAXX platform. TRAXX locomotives operate with alternating current AC, direct current DC or diesel propulsion on all standard gauge railways and in cross-border services on all important rail transportation corridors.
Meeting High Expectations
Highly affordable, TRAXX locomotives include standardized electric and diesel locomotive options. These reliable locomotives satisfy the most demanding European operators through their high availability and reliability as well as through low maintenance and life cycle costs.
Key Operator Benefits
- TRAXX covers all types of rail applications, cross borders, in all networks
- Proven track record for reliability
- Low life-cycle costs and energy consumption
- High operational availability
- Extremely service-friendly design
- Low wheel and track wear
- Designed for sustainable mobility
- Crash-optimized carbody designed to EU standards (TSI) with increased protection for driving personnel and low repair costs
- Latest IGBT traction power converter technology with high power efficiency
- Modular MBS brake system with high diagnostic capability
- Available with ETCS/ERTMS and conventional train safety systems for all rail networks
- State-of-the-art communication systems with proven Bombardier rail electronics and diagnosis systems
Common Features of TRAXX platform locomotives
- Same vehicle dimensions, i.e. 18.9m length for all types
- Same overall design concepts
- Same braking concept
- Same bogies, traction motors and propulsion drive systems
- Same communication systems
- Same driver’s cab
- Same control and diagnostics systems
- High commonality in components and systems
TRAXX Add-on Modules
- TRAXX AC locomotive also available with Last Mile Diesel Engine
- Custom-tailored additional packages to meet specific operator/country requirements
- Country packages for operation in all European countries and on key corridors
- Propulsion modules from the innovative MITRAC TC 3300 IGBT power converter family
- Drive systems for speeds of up to 140 km/h, 160 km/h and 200 km/h
- Communication packages for passenger trains including train destination display and train announcement systems
- Multiple operation and remote control with either ZMS/ZWS or WTB deo cameras, selective door controls, macrophone
- Cool and hot box for food storage for the locomotive driver
For more information, contact:
Dr. Janis Vitins
Director, Marketing and Product Planning
- Over 100,000 Bombardier locomotives and rail cars are currently in service worldwide.
- Over 34,000 locomotives have been delivered from Bombardier’s Kassel site in Germany in the last 150 years.
- Our Locomotives team cleverly redesigned its manufacturing process to reduce the time it takes to complete final assembly of a locomotive from 80 to just 12 days.
- More than 1,500 TRAXX locomotives have been sold and more than 1000 are hauling freight and passenger trains for Europe’s major railways.