Mass Transit Solutions
CITYFLO: For Safety and Efficiency
Offering a full range of advanced Automatic Train Control (ATC) technologies and operating modes, Bombardier CITYFLO provides complete mass transit solutions for trams to light rail vehicles.
Ground Breaking Technology
CITYFLO delivers the highest levels of safety while meeting operator demand for flexible, high performing and cost-effective solutions.
Improved operational performance is achieved by providing varying levels of automated functionality for the following:
- Automatic train protection (ATP), which controls vital, safety-critical functions
- Automatic train operation (ATO), which controls the actual train driving functions
- Automatic train supervision (ATS), including routing, schedule adherence and fault monitoring functions.
- Improves safety
- Improves operational performance and profitability
- Facilitates shorter headways and consequently a more frequent service
- Eliminates the need for high-cost maintenance signalling equipment Modular design can be customized, e.g. capacity for driverless train operation (DTO) or semi-automatic train operation (STO).
- Proven technology delivers reliability and availability
- Meets operational demands for entire life of system with robust solutions that can accommodate change requirements, e.g. with system architecture comprising a number of basic building blocks and preferred technology
- Short system delivery times ensure minimal disruption to existing systems.
In 2003, Bombardier introduced the first radio-based moving block train control system – the CITYFLO 650 was installed in a driverless mass transit system application