FLEXX Bogies: Our Innovations Keep You Moving
Thanks to the extensive experience gained in developing and producing running gear for rail vehicles for more than 160 years BOMBARDIER FLEXX bogies are world-renowned for their quality, innovation and performance. More than 200,000 FLEXX bogies are successfully operating worldwide.
The FLEXX bogie portfolio focuses on designs with most valuable benefits for the operator: safety, reliability & robustness.
The FLEXX bogie portfolio is the most comprehensive bogie portfolio in the world. It covers the entire range of railway vehicles:
- Trams – FLEXX Urban bogies
- Metros – FLEXX Metro bogies
- Locomotives – FLEXX Power bogies
- Diesel and electric multiple units (conventional and tilting) – FLEXX Compact, FLEXX Link, FLEXX Eco, FLEXX Speed bogies
- Passenger coaches – FLEXX Fit (MD-522, MD-523, MD-524, MD-530), FLEXX Load bogies.
This outstanding portfolio will be strengthened further by the ongoing innovative power of Bombardier’s 200 specialist bogie development and design engineers.
Leaders in Innovation and Design
With a first-class record for reliability and safety, we provide the highest quality bogie solutions for Bombardier and third-party vehicles, on all railway infrastructures, worldwide. Our innovative and technologically advanced designs include the state-of-the-art FLEXX Tronic platform – including its latest development the FLEXX Tronic WAKO system.
Delivering Optimum Results
We combine the industry’s most comprehensive bogie portfolio with the Bombardier Integrated System of Procedures, our robust project management criteria. This allows us to cost-effectively meet our customers’ diverse operational needs, as well as the highest specification standards.
To maximize reliability and availability levels, we also conduct bogie overhauls, repairs and upgrades. Our expertise and services enable our customers to maximize profits and efficiency while minimizing maintenance costs.
- Bogie solutions for all market segments and types of rolling stock
- Internationally renowned for reliability and safety
- Flexibility (e.g. adopting radial steering or inboard bearing designs, as well as ability for widely varying speed ranges)
- Accessibility and convenience (e.g. through compatibility with low floor levels)
- Comfort (e.g. through high-performance suspension systems)
- Effective maintenance (e.g. long wheel lives)
- Environmental considerations (e.g. maximized vehicle capacity, reduced energy consumption, as well as minimized vibration and noise emissions even in tight curves)
- Comprehensive service portfolio
- All bogie sites certified to ISO 9001:2000 and to our customers’ specific standards and quality requirements
The bogie − the vital area where wheels meet rails − is widely considered the single, most crucial component of a train. As the market leader, Bombardier manufactures over 5,000 FLEXX bogies per year.
To learn more about our portfolio, please consult our dedicated brochures.