- Becomes first customer for the CSeries aircraft in the United Arab Emirates
Bombardier Aerospace announced today that Abu Dhabi-based Falcon Aviation Services has signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) to acquire one CS300 aircraft and an option for another. With this LOI, Falcon Aviation Services becomes the first customer for CSeries aircraft in the United Arab Emirates.
Based on the list price, a firm order for two CS300 aircraft would be valued at approximately $156.5 million US.
Falcon Aviation Services is based at Al Bateen Executive Airport and operates a fleet of corporate jets conducting VIP charter flights, as well as a fleet of helicopters serving the offshore oil and gas industry. The company also conducts search and rescue; aircraft management, maintenance, repair and overhaul; as well as consulting operations.
“The superb versatility of the CSeries aircraft will allow us to offer a unique aircraft configuration on our CS300 aircraft, specifically catering to business, corporate and elite travelers in the Middle East and connecting to North Africa, Europe and the Far East,” said Captain Mahmoud Ismael, Chief Operating Officer, Falcon Aviation Services. “We selected the CSeries aircraft because of its excellent range, exceptional economics and its outstanding cabin. All these factors, along with the strength of the Bombardier brand, position the CS300 aircraft exceedingly well for our business development plans versus its competition.”
“The CSeries aircraft program continues to make great strides and I’m delighted to welcome Falcon Aviation Services as the fourth customer in the Middle East and the 18th member in our worldwide family of customers and operators,” said Mike Arcamone, President, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft. “As its growing diversity of customers and operators demonstrates, the CSeries family of aircraft is designed to provide the very best operational flexibility in its market segment.
“Included in our CSeries aircraft family are major network carriers, national carriers, premium airlines serving city centre airports, a low-cost airline, leasing companies, a full service provider to airline partners, and with the order from Falcon Aviation Services announced today, a corporate service provider,” added Mr. Arcamone.
Designed for the growing 100- to 149-seat market, the 100 per cent new CSeries aircraft family combines advanced materials, leading-edge technology and proven methods to meet commercial airline requirements. Powered by Pratt & Whitney PurePower PW1500G engines, the CSeries aircraft family will offer a 15* per cent cash operating cost advantage and a 20* per cent fuel burn advantage. With the extra capacity seating option, the CS300 aircraft’s productivity further improves, offering airlines an average of four* per cent additional cash operating cost advantage per seat.
The CSeries aircraft’s clean-sheet design is ensuring that the aircraft will achieve greatly reduced noise and emissions, as well as superior operational flexibility, exceptional airfield performance and a range of 2,950 NM (5,463 km)*. The CSeries aircraft will be up to 12,000 lbs. (5,443 kg)* lighter than other aircraft in the same seat category and will provide passengers with a best-in-class, widebody cabin environment in a single-aisle aircraft.
Including the LOI from Falcon Aviation Services announced today, Bombardier has booked orders and commitments for 447 CSeries aircraft, which include firm orders for 201 CSeries airliners. Some 18 customers and operators have joined the CSeries aircraft program.
Bombardier is the world’s only manufacturer of both planes and trains. Looking far ahead while delivering today, Bombardier is evolving mobility worldwide by answering the call for more efficient, sustainable and enjoyable transportation everywhere. Our vehicles, services and, most of all, our employees are what make us a global leader in transportation.
Bombardier is headquartered in Montréal, Canada. Our shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD) and we are listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America Indexes. In the fiscal year ended December 31, 2013, we posted revenues of $18.2 billion. News and information are available at bombardier.com or follow us on Twitter @Bombardier.
Notes to Editors
- Photo 2: John Kassis, Regional Vice President, Sales, Middle East and Africa, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft (left) and Captain Mahmoud Ismael, Chief Operating Officer, Falcon Aviation Services cheer during the signing ceremony for Falcon’s Letter of Intent to purchase up to two CS300 aircraft.
- Photo 3: Representatives of Falcon Aviation Services, Bombardier, the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi and the Government of Ontario, Canada admire a model of the CS300 aircraft that Falcon intends to acquire. Left to Right: Malcolm Milne, International Trade Development Representative, Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Employment, Ontario, Canada; John Kassis, Regional Vice President, Sales, Middle East and Africa, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft; Captain Mahmoud Ismael, Chief Operating Officer, Falcon Aviation Services; Samir Ahmed, Counsellor, Trade Commissioner, Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi; Ghada Fawzi El-Shoura; Director Sales, Falcon Aviation Services.
- Images of CS300 aircraft in the livery of Falcon Aviation Services are posted with this release in the press releases section at www.bombardier.com. Additional images and videos of CSeries aircraft are available in the CSeries Hub at cseries.com. B-roll is available at bcamediafootage.com.
- Follow @Bombardier_Aero on Twitter to receive the latest news and updates from Bombardier Aerospace.
- To receive our press releases, please visit the RSS Feed section.
* The CSeries aircraft are in the development phase. All data and specifications are estimates, subject to changes in family strategy, branding, capacity and performance during the development, manufacture and certification process. All performance references have been estimated based on a 500-nm North American operating environment and comparisons are to in-production aircraft.
PurePower ® is a registered trademark of United Technologies Corp. - Pratt & Whitney.
Bombardier, CS300, CSeries and The Evolution of Mobility are trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.
Bombardier Commercial Aircraft